From Redneck Diva to Domestic Goddess....experience the transformation!

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer

It's getting to that time of year when the cravings for Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte' start rumbling. Unfortunately, getting to Starbucks isn't as easy as it once was....closest location is about 30 miles away! I decided I needed to start searching for a recipe to get me thru my cravings. I've found several and have experienced numerous failures, however, I do believe I've found one that will work just nicely.

 
 
I originally found the recipe on Next To Heaven, who found it on an organic cooking blog called Deliciously Organic. Several different creamer recipes were listed, but I zoned in on the pumpkin spice. Someday I very well may try the others.
 
Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer
1cup of organic whole milk
1cup of organic heavy whipping cream
3 tablespoons of organic pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon of pumpkin spice
4 table Maple Syrup
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Whisk milk, cream, pumpkin, syrup, and pumpkin spice together over medium heat. When it gets steamy remove from heat and add in the vanilla.
 
Use a strainer to transfer the cream into a jar or pitcher. Let it cool down and chill it the refrigerator. The flavor will be stronger the next day.
 
Some other flavors on the site include... cinnamon strudel, chocolate almond, french vanilla and peppermint mocha. They all sound so good and are only supposed to take approximately 5-10 minutes to make. What an easy and inexpensive way to get those yummy flavors we so crave! 

1 comment: